Ready to tackle some new, long miles? Our elite coaching partner Project 42 Running is here to help! Created by Vikena Yutz, women's champion of several ultramarathons - she has the ultra intention of being there for those who want more out of running. She was inspired by the movie The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - "What is the answer to life, to the universe, to everything?" The answer is 42. It was also the age when she broke the women's record at Across the Years in 2012. She ran 254.02 in 72 hours! Even though she has run many, many races and broken records, she runs because of her JOY of running, and is here to remind her trainees just that. Kena cares about YOUR goals, YOUR health, and YOUR personalized training needs.
The Marathon Distance Program is here to help you run your best full or half marathon. It is designed for people who are currently running and are ready to jump from the 5k/10k world into the 13.1 mile world of the half marathon and 26.2 mile world of the full marathon. We will be training 3 days a week – Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6:00 PM and Saturday mornings at 6 AM.
This is a beginners approach to marathon training, using interval training.
Kickoff – December 3, 2019
First Run – December 7, 2019
Meeting times – Tuesday and Thursday Nights at 6pm and Saturday mornings at 6am
• Two coached training sessions each week
• Experienced coaches and mentors to support you along the way
• Daily training schedule, education on proper form, pacing, fueling, stretching, and more
• Weekly newsletter from with tips, advice, and motivation
• Tech training shirt
• Exclusive Big Dog Fleet Feet Sports discounts
• Training programs can be purchased in-store also
• Big Dog Fleet Feet gift cards can be applied toward training program registration
• No refunds, no exchanges, and no transfers at any time.
• Must be at least 14 years old
• Training fee does not include race entry fee.
Suggested Activity Level
• Must have completed a 5k/10k and be running 10+ miles a week.
• We do recommend that you check with your doctor before starting a fitness program.
Individual Program Cost - $150 Half marathon/$200 Marathon
Series Cost - $ 275 Half Marathon / $ 350 Marathon
Contact: Vikena Yutz – (404) 409-0909 or email@example.com